project elasticated

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: So the Klang album...
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:06 pm 
Ive ordered it (probably quicker to get it off amazon, but oh well) and Im going to get it on Friday

Has anyone else bought it yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:31 pm 
Elastiqueer
Elastiqueer

i tried to get it, in sister ray they said they have no record of it

Post subject: Re: So the Klang album...
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:09 pm 
Elastican
Elastican

Tommmmm wrote:
Ive ordered it (probably quicker to get it off amazon, but oh well) and Im going to get it on Friday

Has anyone else bought it yet?

I pre-ordered mine off Amazon....... and at this rate you might get yours before i get mine. They haven't even despatched mine yet, and once despatched it's got to battle the perils of Oxfords royal mail service.........

I'm trying to stay positive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:12 pm 
Elastican
Elastican

www.play.com £6.99 inc delivery

www.myspace.com/artyfartykay

www.thekay.co.uk

www.faceparty.com/the_gina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:54 am 
cheers just ordered on play
must say the artwork is pretty shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:50 pm 
Elastiqueer
Elastiqueer

yeah its pants

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:07 pm 
Elastican
Elastican

I got my album through this morning (proving the Oxford postal system is a lottery, as there is another album Amazon posted a week before this one that has yet to show.... :-? )

It is soooooo Gooood :D . I'm so happy to be sitting hear listening to it.
I've had a mad busy week, and it is doing such a good job of chilling me out, on a friday evening.

'no sound is heard' is a fabulous song

I have to say I like the art work too, it doesn't look much in website pictures, but it has a real minimalist DIY look to it. Typewriters are cool !! :wink:

It's all good.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:29 am 
ElastiGOD
ElastiGOD

Cheers Thurston for that! :D
And i was going to ask the kids here, how the production, the recordings done for this ep sound like, cos the L.O.V.E 7" sounded kinda poor!
I really hope to be able to get a copy of the Klang ep soon since i don't have a credit card, and i have to stick around waiting for a cool record shop to get in from import!
And for the ones here who diss about the artowork, it's just so strange for anyone to understand that Klang have that minimalistic sensibility both in music and art in general? Gee...
Anyway, have a joyous listenin' of the Klang ep for anyone who has get it so far!

xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:07 pm 
Elastican
Elastican

Yep, minimalist is the the word :D.
This mini album is so much more laid back, than the L.O.V.E 7". The whole thing is so much more refined. I thought part of the charm of the L.O.V.E 7" was the fact that it was a little bit less refined, 'Nothing' is one of my favorate songs of all time, but the mini album just moves the whole thing on a step. 'Waiting' is a masterpiece !!!!

The song 'As These Things Happen' reminds me of early Pentangle......... :-?

I Love it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:34 pm 
Elastican
Elastican

i like it a lot.. it's a lot more "chill" than i'd expected.. a+

Post subject: Try Selectadisc...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:50 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Mortimer Mew wrote:
i tried to get it, in sister ray they said they have no record of it

...just up the road. That's where I got mine from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:16 pm 
Elasticaman
Elasticaman

just putting it on for first listen so i can write essays for cash in peace. i actually like the artwork, makes u feel like they've been sat at home with plastic scissors and prittstick. i feel loved. though the donna pic leaves a lot to be desired. prob why it be so small.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:16 pm 
Elasticaman
Elasticaman

also hairdresser on fire u a fan of luke haines?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:57 pm 
Just to say that my album did finally come in the end, probably a couple of weeks ago now.

I agree with what most people have said, it is very minimalist.

I do like it, but I think its quite an odd album considering how it sounds nothing like the band live (and therefore what you would be expecting). I thought it would be all loud grinding bass and Fall guitars from Donna, but its very subtle and more than anything, very quiet. Its got a lot of tinkling and rattling and homemade noises on it. It reminds me a little bit of the Slits.

Anyway, Im not sure if anyones still maintaining a fan-site, but if they want it, heres a little review that was in the Telegraph (strange since they normally review quite mainstream stuff):

Klang
No Sound Is Heard

Klang's Donna Matthews, for those who remember their Britpop history, was the guitarist in Elastica, the one who, during the gaping five-year chasm between that band's first and second albums, was snapped almost nightly outside the Met Bar looking ashen and wasted - the very picture of Britpop gone off the rails. Happily, Matthews is now fully rehabbed, and has lately been playing low-key gigs around Britain with this new trio.

While their first single restated Matthew's love of the Fall, right down to her debut vocals approximating Mark E Smith cadences, the 28-minute No Sound is Heard lives up to the Germanic connotations of their band name, with a brittle, experimental sound reminiscent of Can's calmer moments.

Not merely the scrappy meanderings of a squandered pop talent, this is deceptively intricate stuff, which, as the title suggests, revels in the space between the notes, as much as the resonance of what is actually played. After a few listens, you find that spidery little tunes such as the title track have somehow embedded themselves right under your skin. An intriguing return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:29 pm 
ElastiGOD
ElastiGOD

Hi kids,

I finally managed to get the album as well! The least i can say here is that it's fucking GORGEOUS!
It definitely will surprise everyone the 1st time, but it easily gets very pleasant during a couple of times after listenin' to it.
Donna's vox are brilliant, i never thought she has such an expressive way of saying things, and there are many songs in the mini album to prove that.
The most stunning song is the 1st one i think, it only lasts 1 min and 20 secs. and it's nearly heaven.
One more thing that surprised me in a good way of course is that even the heavily guitar played live songs, like Teach Me or In Division, are very light produced here.
I personally fancy the way of this band, playing heavily guitar sound shows, and make minimal sounding albums like this one, it's very attractive in a way! :D
I have nothing but respect for this band now, i truly believe that they can grow up to be one of those unkown bands that will make brilliant records in the future but not many ppl will ever find, but we happily know already, and that's truly a fortune! :wink:
Donna is a genious! In the songs of this album, there's a big essence of leaving back the bad days and movin' on, re-discovering about yrself and stuff like that.
I'm so glad she's back, but i have said that so many times before anyway...! :-))

xxx

Ps: And yes, the Can inluences are very obvious on this album, but Klang make it in a pop way, which can only be a good thing! :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:15 am 
Elastican
Elastican

while i was in olympia, wa i was going crazy in dumpster values (record store) and went to checkout and glanced in the dollar bin and OH guess what was sitting there all sad and lonely.. the klang cd.. unopened.. i had to rescue it.. it was only a DOLLAR.. and now i wonder.. why was it a dollar? are olympians too cool for klang?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:29 am 
ElastiGOD
ElastiGOD

One dollar for the mini album?
Shit, the cd prices here are mad!
Anyway, i was wondering if u liked the album or not!
I did frankly, :wink: !

xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:51 pm 
Elastican
Elastican

YEA! one dollar! i like it a lot.. it's the perfect music to wind down to..

Post subject: klang mini album
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:19 pm 
hi,i'm from italy, i bought the album today, just because i loved the artwork, i've been listening to it the all afternoon and i like it so much i decided to write a "review" on Debaser (www.debaser.it) an italian site of musical review written by... listeners.
bye!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:17 pm 
Elastican
Elastican

adam virgo wrote:
Donna is a genious! In the songs of this album I'm so glad she's back, but i have said that so many times before anyway...! :-))

yeah and minimalism is here a quality