project elasticated

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rude Club......... !?!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:14 pm 
Years of searching for a trace of this band has taught me this is a long shot, especially because i don't know if their music ever crossed the water from England in any direction, but it's worth a try.

Rude Club released 3 awesome singles back in 1997 and then disappeared without trace. :cry: I saw them live at Dingwalls, Camden supporting Cake and they were great, and since their disappearance have managed to track down a video and a few compilation appearances, but that is it.

Jane Parker was their vocalist and she had an incredible voice, and I can't believe she isn't part of a band somewhere now. When you produce 3 awesome singles as they did you don't just retire and take up lawn bowls, or fly fishing. If anyone is currious i can send you copies, it's well worth a listen. Their singles were: 'Men In Suits' 'Foul Mouth Punter' and 'Locust'. They also appeared on a Kerrang CD called Radio Kerrang Vol.3 with a track called 'The Return of The White Paws'.

You cannot fail to be impressed by this band, if u wanna hear some just ask !! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:59 pm 
I take it nobodies heard of them, or you have and feel they are not worth a comment. I re- read my message and i just sort of ambled on about not alot, with out ever getting anywhere near the point. Basically I wanted to find out where they came from and where they went.......

In terms of female vocal Punk rock, Rude Club take some beating.... !!

Post subject: rude club
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:33 pm 
tell me about it I have been looking for stuff by both rude club and lk since 97/98. I listen every day to rude club's "white paws" and lk's "chicken bone". kerrang used to do some quality cd's on the cover but most of the bands fade away. :roll: my email is gulolupus@yahoo.co.uk and i'm interested in anything you can dishout.

Post subject: Re: rude club
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:05 pm 
gulolupus wrote:
tell me about it I have been looking for stuff by both rude club and lk since 97/98. I'm interested in anything you can dishout.

Sounds like we are both in the same boat to be honest with you. 'The Return of the White Paws' is a flippin good track. And i believe it was only ever released on that Kerrang CD. The three singles they released are well worth the effort involved in finding them. Strangely enough Ebay often have copies for sale ( as i have used Ebay to suppy people i know with copies of Rude Clubs material ). If there is nothing on there try Opal Music, at www.opalmusic.com they are often slow at getting orders despatched, but often have what you need. Norman records is another good one, www.normanrecords.com. Or they regularly have Rude Club stuff on Amazon's Zshops and Market place sellers, but items are often stupidly expensive on there, though i did manage to turn up a super rare Sacred Records live 7" with an acoustic version of No Me (a Rude Club B-side) recently. I payed through the nose for it, but in six years of searching for their material, and any sort of trace of where they went, it was the first time I'd seen it (i couldn't really turn it down).
Otherwise, I can get hold of stuff for you, if needs be. I am pretty sure i have everything they every released (and more than one copy of most of it), so what ever you want. I also have a video of 'Men In Suits' which i could probably copy.
Basically Rude Club are well worth any hassel, their singles all contained 3 cracking tracks. They didn't really release any duff stuff. And they kicked ass live. Though I do have a soft spot for them, so maybe I'm biassed.......... :D
My email address is teamkettlegun@hotmail.com

Post subject: rudeclub
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:39 pm 
yepsame here,

first saw them at reading fest 96, then saw them at the reading alleycat and festival again in 97, expected themto be huge,.

got the singles and the setlist from the alleycat showbut until now thought i was the only person who loved them

can contact me at flaystanley@hotmail.com